You are here
Stages and Theses for Bachelor and Master Students
We offer opportunities for carrying out small or medium size projects in the field of statistical machine translation.
The following tasks can be part of a bachelor/master stage or thesis:
- analysis and implementation of new approaches in machine translation with deep learnign techniques
- development of demonstration systems
- testing of algorithms, including experimental setup and data preparation
- running experiments on large-scale tasks, e.g. translation of speeches of the European Parliament
- use of a computer grid and GPUs
The candidates are expected to have:
- good programming skills: Python, C/C++, scripting languages
- good expertise in the linux/unix environment
- interest in carrying out experimental research
- above of average marks in calculus and statistics
Descriptions of available projects will be shown on appointment.
To apply for a bachelor/master thesis or stage, please contact:Marcello Federico email: federico AT fbk DOT eu (Please put the string "HLT-MT [bachelor|master] [thesis|stage] application" in the subject of your e-mail)